How are you doing Central Montana? I hope this message finds you well and in good spirits. The Lewistown Public Library staff is currently preparing your library to be reopened by June 2, 20202 in a limited capacity. We have truly missed your visits and are thankful we live in a caring and understanding community. Once we reopen our doors, you’ll notice several changes in how the Library operates to help prevent the transmission of the novel coronavirus.
- Modified Hours:
- Tuesday – Friday, 9 am to 10am reserved for vulnerable individuals by appointment
- Tuesday – Friday, 10 am to 5 pm open to the general public
- Saturdays, 10 am – 2 pm open to the general public
- We ask that you help us by continuing the practice of social distancing, stay at home when not feeling well, washing your hands often, and coughing and sneezing into the crook of your arm (batwing for the younger, hip crowd 😊).
- When entering the building please wash your hands or use the hand sanitizer available at the front desk.
- Floor markings will help direct the flow of traffic and maintain social distancing, safety shielding will be at the checkout desk and staff will be wearing masks.
- Please help to protect our staff and neighors by wearing a face covering when browsing the materials in the stacks. Patrons may use the lobby area of the Library without a mask. Face coverings are considered masks, scarfs, or bandanas.
- Library use is limited to 30 minutes for holds pick up, checkout (please return your items in the book drop outside to allow for the quarantine process), and quick browsing only.
- A reduced number of public computers will be available to allow for social distancing and computer use is limited to 30 minutes daily.
- Only limited seating will be available.
- Minors under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Newspapers and magazines cannot be cleaned between users; therefore, it will be up to the patron to use these materials at their own risk.
- We are enhancing our cleaning procedures and social distancing will continue to be practiced throughout public areas.
- Our meeting room is currently closed as it has become a library storage and book processing space.
We understand that we are playing it safe here at the Library. The health of this community and our Library staff is our utmost priority. Thank you for helping us create one of safest places in town. Please understand that our schedule may change based on new developments and community needs. As we transition into our new operations, we will continue to offer curbside “Take-Out” services and phone call reference options. We cannot ensure a 100% clean environment inside the Library and these opportunities will remain the best option for vulnerable populations. We look forward to safely welcoming our amazing community back into the building.