The Friends of the Library (FOL) is a volunteer non-profit group dedicated to enhancing and improving library services.
What do we do?
- Promote reading, education and cultural programs, and encourage our Central Montana neighbors to take full advantage of library services
- Provide a public voice in the community for the library needs and represent the interests of library users to elected officials
- Advocate for adequate tax-supported funding of all library services
- Sponsor and recruit volunteers for used book sales at The Book Station
- Sponsor special events of interest to the community
- Host regional author presentations and readings
- Sponsor Humanities speakers
- Sponsor Chili Bowl
Friends of the Library meet monthly on the last Wednesday at 12:00 p.m. in the upstairs meeting room at the Library. If you are interested in joining please contact FOL President Arlene Mari at email@example.com or (406)366-1789.
Note: Funds raised by the Friends are used to enhance and improve library services and cannot be used for basic operation expenses. Some recent examples of Friends’ expenditures on behalf of the Library include the purchase of lobby area furniture, copy machine, public computers and update meeting room lavatory.
The Book Station
The Book Station is regularly open for used book sales. The Book Station is located at 621 West Main – across the street from Lewistown Public Library. Check below for the next scheduled sale.