Open Date: 08/29/2018
Close Date: Open until filled
Job Number 10400447
Lewistown Public Library, MT 59457
Salary: $40,000/yr (more depending on experience)
Hours: Full Time, Salaried
Benefits: To be discussed at interview
The Library Director performs professional and administrative library functions requiring specialized knowledge in all areas of public library services. This position focuses on management of the Lewistown Public Library, directing all programs, activities, volunteers, and personnel of the Library. The Library Director upholds Montana’s Code Annotated, confidentiality laws and maintains the integrity of the Lewistown Public Library.
– Supervises all Library Staff, volunteers, or community workers that may assist at the Library.
– Maintains a meaningful and effective relationship with the City of Lewistown and Fergus County.
– Plans, organizes and manages the services of the Library.
– Develops and promotes the services of the Library to meet present and future needs through short and long-range planning documents.
– Develops and implements the LPL Strategic Plan in conjunction with the Board of Trustees.
– Ensures that patron privacy and confidentiality are maintained by all staff and volunteers.
– Supervises and regularly evaluates staff members and insures adequate opportunity and training for staff and volunteers.
– Oversees collection development and acquisitions for the Library’s collection. Keeps current on new library materials and technologies.
– Prepares and submits claims for library spending. Monitors spending levels and keeps within budget.
– Travels and/or attends meetings of professional groups to keep abreast of current techniques and technical advancements.
– Maintains the online catalog and automation system to perform at optimum level.
– Prepares agenda, minutes and business documentation for monthly Library Board meetings.
– Promotes the Library’s services through media and other promotions.
– Assists patrons in locating needed resources in all formats.
– Provides patrons with correct, non-judgmental and complete responses to their informational needs.
– Enforces library rules for the protection of library patrons and property.
– Provides a welcoming and safe atmosphere.
– Maintains and manages existing and emerging technological equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Must have the knowledge and ability to maintain a balanced and relevant library collection.
Demonstrates good interpersonal skills in meeting with patrons, staff and the community.
Knowledge and experience with computer technology, networking and security.
A Masters of Library or Information Science, or equivalent Masters. Will consider a Bachelors Degree with equivalent experience. A minimum of 2 years of administrative and supervisory experience in a library is preferred. Must earn and maintain State Library Certification. Must have a valid Montana Driver’s License.
Must be able to move around the facility, walk, sit, bend, climb, kneel, carry and stoop; ability to use hand and finger motion with enough dexterity to use computers and handle library items. Lift up to 25#, or greater with assistance. Must have specific vision abilities (adjusted) that include close and distance vision with good depth perception.
**Preference to be given to application materials submitted by September 14th, 2018. **
Contact Lewistown Job Service for the complete Library Director Job Description.
How to Apply
Submit Cover Letter, Resume, and two letters of reference to Lewistown Job Service, 300 1st Ave N, Suite 203, Lewistown, MT 59457.
Or email PDF Cover Letter, Resume, and two letters of reference to Lewistown Library Board of Trustees. email@example.com
Lewistown Public Library
701 W. Main St
Lewistown, MT 59457
City of Lewistown
305 W. Watson St
Lewistown, MT 59457