“The Lewistown Public Library provides free and equal access to quality materials and services, which fulfill the educational, informational, cultural, and recreational needs of the entire community.”
2:02 PM Call to order — roll call – Regular meeting of the Library Board of Trustees was called to order by Tom Wojtowick, Chairperson. Members present: Tom Wojtowick, Mary Frieze, Cathy Moser, Blanche Chapman, Marie Anderson, Ex-Officio and Commissioner Patty Turk. Director: KellyAnne Terry. Public: Joyce Swanz.
Appoint Recorder of Minutes:Joyce Swanz
Reading of the Mission Statement:Blanche Chapman
Revisions to the Agenda:
Comments for the Good of the Library:
- Mary thought all of the Civil War programming was informative and fun.
- Marie said she enjoyed the Civil War music program by Bill Rossiter.
Disposition of Minutes:
- Tom wanted to add to the minutes that Tim Faber’s specific instructions for painting the Book Station was to sand it and then spray paint it with enamel paint.
- Mary moved to accept the November 6, 2014 regular Board meeting minutes and Patty seconded. The motion passed unanimously.
- Regular Library Financials presented and discussed.
- 42% Budget expended
- Wait until January to remove CMF Interest
- Received a $1000 donation from Glenn Mueller for the Oscar and Josephine Mueller Fund at CMF
- Patty moved to accept the Claims as submitted for November, Cathy seconded and the motion passed.
- City Auditors asked that a line item be created to show money spent by all volunteer/Friends groups be shown in City of Lewistown Budget (this would apply to the Friends of the Library). KellyAnne will work with Nikki and Kevin to update this for the current fiscal year.
- Director’s Report accepted as presented and the report is attached.
- Closures for the Library include December 24 close at noon (Christmas Eve); December 25 (Christmas); December 31 close at noon (New Year’s Eve); January 1 (New Year’s Day).
- Library Connect: Open House January 15, 2015 @ 4-6 p.m.
- Staff Evaluations will take place in January
- Civil War programs were well attended
- Chili Bowl – January 23, 2015:
- FOL will have a special meeting on January 8 to discuss Chili Bowl and regular FOL business at 12:30 p.m.
- FOL gave $300 to the Library for Spanish Speaking materials for Story Time
Friends of the Library:
- Presented by Marie Anderson
- December Sale made $673.80
- New Meeting Time – Sort Books on Tuesday and Thursday before sale, have meeting at 12:30 p.m. the Thursday before the sale.
- No regular sale in January and February, Special Book Sale during Winter Fair January 30-31.
- To date $4000 worth of Train and WWI books have been sold on Ebay
- Revised bylaws were approved at last regular meeting.
- Chili Bowl – teams must register to have more of a head count
- Next Regular Saturday book sale will be March 7, 2015
- January – Membership Drive through Newsletter for FOL
- Patty Turk reported on the City Commissioner’s meeting held December 1.
- Special Meeting over Annexation – November 23
- City Training from MMIA – liability of closing streets, applicable laws
- Went over Disaster Mitigation Plan and then voted to pass it
- Easement from City for MDOT on new Truck Bypass area
Discussion with the Public
- KellyAnne gave a presentation on how Library Connect works on the website. All the librarians had a picture, wrote a bio and created a list of books. The project will launch in the next couple weeks and the staff plans on doing a launch event.
- Upcoming Events:
- November 6, 2014 – Civil War Songs with Bill Rossiter Humanities Speaker@ 6:00 p.m.
- November 13, 2014 –Discussion on Causes & Outcomes of the Civil War @ 6:00 p.m.
- November 20, 2014 – Sandy Armstead will talk about her Teacher Exchange to Turkey @ 6:00 p.m.
- Board members will review the current Strategic Plan and then present comments at the next regular Board meeting on December 11, 2014
- Tom and KellyAnne will review the Library Policies and Procedures Manuel and bring recommendation back to the Board. The goal is to only maintain pertinent information in the binder for reference.
3:20 PM Meeting adjourned.
NEXT REGULAR BOARD MEETING: Thursday, December 11, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. in the Upstairs Meeting Room. Respectively Submitted: KellyAnne Terry, Director