The Lewistown Public Library respects the individual’s right to privacy and confidentiality as protected by Montana law.
Fergus County Residents
- Complete application card at desk. You must have proof of a valid Fergus County address (ie. recent mail from an official source).
- New borrowers are limited to 2 items for 60 days and 1 Interlibrary Loan item.
- Established borrowers have a 25-item limit on all library materials with the exception of DVDs, which have a 10-item limit. The 10 DVDs are part of the 25-item limit.
All Other Visitors
- Complete application card at desk.
- Fee: $10 for 3 months’ usage or $30 for 1 year’s usage
- 3-month borrowers are limited to 2 items and 1 Interlibrary Loan.
- 1-year borroweres are limited to 2 items and 1 Interlibrary Loan for the first 30 days.
- Checkouts for DVDs are for 14 days with a limit of 5 DVDs at a time.
- Checkouts for all other items are for 28 days.
- All checkouts can be renewed 2 times.
Fine Policy and Replacement
- 28-day loans: $.10 per day, per item
- Patron is blocked if there is $5.00 in fines.
- By accepting a library card, the patron agrees to pay all fines and for lost or damaged library materials.