“The Lewistown Public Library provides free and equal access to quality materials and services, which fulfill the educational, informational, cultural, and recreational needs of the entire community.”
2:05 PM Call to order — roll call – Regular meeting of the Library Board of Trustees was called to order by Tom Wojtowick, Chairman. Members present: Commissioner Patty Turk, Cathy Moser, Blanche Chapman and Marie Anderson, Ex-Officio; Director: KellyAnne Terry; Excused: Mary Frieze; Recorder of Minutes: Joyce Swanz
Guest: Fred Ihde
Reading of the Mission Statement: Marie Anderson
Revisions to the Agenda:
• The Evaluation of the Director will be moved to the end of the meeting.
Comments for the Good of the Library:
• Blanche commented on how well KellyAnne’s presentation at MLA was received.
Disposition of Minutes:
• Blanche moved to accept the March 13, 2014 regular Board meeting minutes and Cathy seconded. The motion passed unanimously.
• KellyAnne mentioned that the travel budget may go over this year, but the Library will be able to amend it in other areas.
• The Other Purchases and Services line item will also be a touch overbudget, but will be remedied next fiscal year.
• CMF funds will come out the end of June
• Patty moved to accept the claims as paid and Cathy seconded, the motion passed unanimously.
• Director’s Report accepted as presented and the report is attached.
• Website about completed, and Nancy Bostrom will be maintaining it once it is up and running.
• MT Shakes, a division of Montana Shakespeare in the Parks will be presenting at the Library this evening at 6:00 p.m.
• The Montana Library Association conference went well and KellyAnne thanks Joyce for helping out at the desk while a majority of the staff was at the conference.
• Spring Montana Shared Catalog Meeting will be held in Helena on May 1-2, 2014
• KellyAnne finished her selection month for Montana Library 2Go
• A meeting was held at the MLA conference for the membership of Montana Library2Go. The budget was approved for fiscal year 2014-2015.
Friends of the Library:
• The Friends made $771.00 at their March sale.
• Marie discussed the response to the upstairs window replacements at the Friends Meeting. The Friends would like more information and firmer bids before committing.
• The Friends gave $300 towards the Summer Reading Program and another $300 to sponsor two magic shows on July 2, 2014 in conjunction with the Summer Reading Program.
• The Friends will be meeting in the Summer at their regular time – first Friday of the month at 12:30 p.m. in the Upstairs Meeting Room.
• A Facebook page is being built by a volunteer of the Friends.
City Commissioner’s Report:
• Patty Turk presented the report.
• Discussion on Riverdale Project – sewer and water
• Previewed and discussed options for a sculpture at the Trailhead
• Approved license for Central Plumbing
• Discussion on Community Decay
• New police car approved
• Approved a workmen’s compensation issue
Discussion with the Public
• No discussion .
• South Central Federation Report – KellyAnne reported for Mary Frieze, who had attended the meeting. Denton Library voted out of the Federation due to lack of appearances at the Meetings.
• Moore Library has been closed due to a funding issue.
• MLA Report – Blanche talked about the interesting session on the Montana Book Award
• KellyAnne’s Evaluation will be after the regular meeting in a closed meeting.
• Author Dinner – discussed ticket sales and silent auction items
• Summer Reading Program: Themes are “Fizz, Boom, Read” for Youth and “Literary Elements” for Adults
• Budget sheets should hopefully be available May 1, 2014 and a special work meeting will be set to accommodate preparation for Budget
• May 1-2, 2014 – Montana Shared Catalog Spring meeting in Helena
• Montana Preservation Road Show – June 13 from 9-11 a.m. in the Upstairs Meeting Room. Presentation is titled Literary Landscapes and will discuss several classic Central Montana books including All But the Waltz by Mary Clearman Blew. KellyAnne is one of the facilitators for this event.
• Patty thanked Tom for bringing the caramels.
3:10 PM Meeting adjourned.
NEXT REGULAR BOARD MEETING: Thursday, May 8, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. in the Upstairs Meeting Room.
Respectively Submitted: KellyAnne Terry, Director